News ID : 318250
Publish Date : 5/18/2026 12:48:30 PM
Tehran: US sent revised comments on Iran’s proposal despite public rejection

Updating...

Tehran: US sent revised comments on Iran’s proposal despite public rejection

Tehran says the United States has continued exchanging views on a proposed framework through Pakistani mediation, despite publicly rejecting Iran’s 14-point proposal.

Speaking at his weekly press conference on Monday, Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baqaei said Washington had conveyed “a set of revised points and considerations” via Pakistan last week after Iran submitted its proposal and the US raised its own concerns.

“After we presented the 14-point plan, the American side raised its considerations. In return, we also presented our considerations,” Baqaei said in response to a question raised by IRNA’s correspondent.

“Last week, despite the American side publicly announcing that this plan was rejected, we received through the Pakistani mediator a set of revised points and considerations reflecting their views,” he added.

The spokesperson said Iran had reviewed the latest proposals in recent days and had already delivered its response to Washington through the same channel.

“From the day after the American viewpoints were sent through Pakistan, we were faced with a series of proposals from the other side, which were reviewed over the past few days, and as announced yesterday, our viewpoints were in turn presented to the American side,” he said. “Therefore, the process is continuing through Pakistan.”

(This item is being updated.)


IRNA
Key Words
usTehranPakistan
Comments

first name & last name

email

comment